I finished another rehearsal this week. A lot of intense songs and grooves to play on 23 April. Batch after batch this is turning out be a sweet sin where you detest having to travel miles for a rehearsal and yet when it ends you know you will have an empty evening without meeting many people.
The set list I would be playing bass on –
– Gods Not Dead by The Newsboys
– The Man Who Sold The World by Nirvana
– Hey Julie by Fountains of Wayne
– Stand By Me by John Lennon
– Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
– Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys
– The House of the Rising Sun by The Animals
– Through His Eyes by Kanishk
Through His Eyes is my personal favorite because it is an own composition of a friend. It is a bit close to the heart because it is the true story of his mentor who was suffering from loneliness and committed suicide. I hear he was a genius and that reinstates my belief in my saying – the higher your intelligence, the more traumatic your life is. Compositionally, this song sounds happier with dark lyrics.
Anyway, wish me luck!
If you’re in Bangalore, see you at 8 pm on 23 April at B Flat, Indiranagar.